Monday, December 8, 2008

Glad I looked for those shoes

My brother Jim had mentioned that Ma had a crucifix from my father's coffin and I didn't think too much about it. Today I asked Debbie to help me locate a pair of shoes I wear all winter (accommodates thicker socks) so she looks in my closet and the shoes aren't there but the crucifix is. It's in a bag and has a note my mother wrote which said -'Crucifix is from Dad's coffin. Please put in mine.' My mother would see the humor in this. I rushed the crucifix over to the mortician's who will place it in the coffin for a nominal fee of $29.99. The mortician also asked about flowers. Ma always said to bring her flowers when she could enjoy them and not waste our money when she was dead. I told the mortician this and he got a good laugh out of it. Me too.

5 comments:

bloodline said...

so where do you think the shoes are?

All The Way Ray said...

shoes were in the basement where I had been looking.

Frostbike said...

for a nominal fee of $29.99

Just because we're bereaved doesn't mean we're saps!

TOMMY GUN said...

Ray & Debbie,
great to see you today. Know that you're in my thoughts. And that gratuity for the priest? Maybe some lutefisk...

-Bloodclot

rigtenzin said...

I haven't checked your blog in a couple of days. I'm sorry to hear about your mom.