Wednesday, June 9, 2010

George Wallace was shot in an assassination attempt on May 15, 1972, which was the day we moved to Missouri. How did he cheat death?

Natalie Wood died in a drowning accident on November 29, 1981. Debbie and I heard the news on the way back from Ma's hobby farm in Warsaw, Missouri.

John Belushi died from a drug overdose on March 5, 1982 while Debbie and I were in Minneapolis renting an apartment for our move from Chicago.

Princess Diana died on August 31, 1997. My buddy Larry broke the news to me when he picked me up for baseball game/horse racing trip to Chicago.

John Kennedy Jr or John John was killed in a plane crash on July 16, 1999 while Mrs and I were in Wisconsin at the cabin we often rented.

Senator Paul Wellstone was killed in a plane crash on October 25, 2002. Larry and I got the news at the Doubletree Hotel's bar from CNN. He and I drove to Chicago for the Breeders Cup.

Oh hell sporty, people are dying every day.