Thursday, March 26, 2009

I though 50 was the new 30 was the new black was the new lime green

I sent this one to a woman friend who's turning 40 today. I guess 40 is a big deal. I got my shoes shined on the Michigan Avenue Bridge in Chicago on my 40th birthday. I didn't stay out late on my birthday that time. I waited till the next day and then stayed out all night.

But anyway, 50 isn't as big a deal as 40 and as long as you remember that clock only stops for one reason you'll be ok with getting older.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel a little bummed out, having read this.

GoBigGreen said...

I like being 40 ++ and i like Lime Green.

Lynne said...

Good point in that last sentence. My new motto. Maybe I can have that sewn into a jersey or something....hmmmm....

BigGreen: eh, 40+ ain't so hot. I was going to comment on the Friday post that it's all relative. Which is great for the weather, but sucks for getting older. (Joking, joking...)